Monday, October 4, 2010

Minus The Bear- The Crocodile Seattle



I wasn't familiar with the Seattle band, Minus the Bear, until my husband brought their newest album, OMNI on a road trip and we listened to it on repeat. I was instantly hooked and 'Summer Angel' and 'My Time' were quick favorites although the whole album was addicting. Last Thursday they were playing at The Crocodile downtown so we decided to venture out on a school night and have some fun! They had an opening band who was forgettable (too harsh?), the skinny jeans, messy hair and drugged out persona's really don't do it for me anymore.



Minus the Bear came on and rocked it! I thought they were amazing, they obviously have a huge following in Seattle, they were great performers, sounded perfect live, and seemed like really awesome guys. I thought the blond guitarist made the show with his active stage presence, I loved watching him rock out to each song. The lead singer has a voice that's both hard and soft, I can't decide what it is when his lyrics are sensual yet, his voice is so strong. The whole band is just plain awesome.



You should check them out on iTunes. 'My Time' would be a good song to download to see if you're into their music or not, I think you'll like it though! I would definitely want to see them again and become more familiar with some of their older music. I honestly think Minus the Bear could become really, really big. They seem to have what it takes and they've acquired quite the following, The Crocodile was sold out!

I've been trying to figure out how they came up with their name and this is my best guess....

3 of them look like bears. Two grizzlies and one sloth. They other two do not look like bears. I think maybe they were sitting around one day commenting on how they all look very similar and the conversation might have gone something like this:

Bear Man: Hey, we kind of all look alike
Non Bear Man: Yeah, I look like you but minus the bear

Ta Da!

No comments:

Post a Comment