We have all heard the term mid life crisis, but is there such a thing as a quarter life crisis? If so, it must be completely different than a mid life crisis because most people in their mid 20's don't have enough money to go buy a sports car or yacht or some other extravagant status symbol. That, in fact, is what we (maybe just I?) dream about. We go to college like we're supposed to, graduate, get a job and try to make it. Try to survive on the $!*+ income we make. Not like it's really that bad though, I'm sure most of us do just fine. We are able to go out to dinner, pay the bills, shop a bit, just not go overboard, we comfortably live within our means.
I struggle with my age, 26. Some days I think, 'I'm only 26, I'm so young, we should go party!'. Other days it's more along the lines of, 'Wow, I'm 26, almost 27, almost 30, maybe we should start thinking about starting a family.'. It's kind of a funny age, we're in solid adult land now with adult lives, jobs, relationships, but yearn for a bit of the life we lived before with little to no responsibilities. A bit of freedom, for lack of a better word, back. Is it just me? Please say no.
I really have nothing to complain about, and I'm not trying to complain. I have an absolutely wonderful husband, he is so supportive, my best friend, my everything, and he always puts up with me and my nutty ideas. I would be lost without him. We own our home, have a cute dog, do chores around the house on the weekends... doesn't that just sound so perfect? It's like a movie, it sounds ideal. Nothing is ever "perfect" though, the grass is always greener on the other side. Sometimes we wonder why did we buy a house, we're "stuck" in Seattle for a couple years. We don't have the freedom to move (something we've been considering lately), to go on an extravagant vacation, or even much of a vacation at all. The chores get old, home updates get expensive and time consuming, and sometimes we just want to let loose and have some serious FUN! I'm in an in between time in my life. In between realizing I am an adult and taming my wild side and being OK with that. It will get better though, I know it.
Maybe once the sun comes out, my quarter life crisis will end. I hope so. I hope for some sunshine, fun, love, and of course, world peace. :)
I run to free my mind
Pammy my life is a quarter life crisis! you are always welcome in sunny California if you need your spirits lifted. i love you xo
ReplyDeleteThe sun is out!! I'm having a quarter life crisis too. We should throw a party to celebrate our insanity :)
ReplyDelete